February 22, 2012

GameCraft: Painting Sneakers

On this edition of GameCraft we'll teach you how to decorate your own canvas sneakers with basically anything (but preferably sweet video game references).

Here's what you'll need:
- A pair of canvas sneakers (Vans, Converse, Keds, etc.)
- Some acrylic paint
- Few different sizes of paintbrushes
- Pencil
- Sharpies

 1. Pick out what you want to draw on your sneakers and sketch it out with the pencil to make sure you make the most of the space. I'd recommend doing something on the toe and heel (they offer the most room).

2. Optional: Paint a background. It makes the actual image go on smoother - but isn't necessary (You can see in my pictures I did both one with a background and one without).

3. Paint your picture with acrylic paint. Remember acrylic paints allow you to layer different colors, so be patient and keep adding colors.

4. Outline picture with black sharpie.

5. Let it dry and enjoy your new geeky shoes!



Have fun crafting!

LadySnip3r

2 comments:

Trina said...

that's pretty awesome! Have you made other types of gaming sneakers? I got GamingAngels ones made professionally once. lol

Unknown said...

I haven't done any other ones yet, but it's really easy! I think my next pair will be Mass Effect centered.

Post a Comment